Hanna Checker Marine Ultra Low Range Nitrite Colorimeter HI764
Nitrification is the biological oxidation of ammonia (ammonium ion) into nitrite followed by the oxidation of the nitrites to nitrates. The first step of this 2-step process is carried out in an aquarium by nitrifying bacteria. During this quick process, the ammonium levels drop while the nitrite levels increase. Since nitrite is just as harmful as ammonia, nitrite levels should be maintained at immeasurable levels. A mature biological filter should be able to keep nitrite levels low.
Also, if tap water is to be used in an aquarium, it is recommended that it be tested for phosphate, as well as silicate, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, pH, and alkalinity.
The HI764 Checker® Handheld Colorimeter bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation. Chemical test kits are not very accurate, while professional instrumentation can cost hundreds of dollars and can be time-consuming to calibrate and maintain. Hanna Checker®’s are accurate, affordable and easy to use.
To begin measurements, first, zero the instrument with your water sample. Next, add the reagent. Last, place the vial into the Checker®, press the button and read the results. It’s that easy.
The contoured style of these Checker®’s fit in your palm and pocket perfectly and the large LCD is easy to read. The auto shut-off feature assures the battery life will not be drained if you forget to turn it off.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Water quality, Environmental, Plating, Education
- Range: 0 to 200 ppb
- Resolution: 1 ppb
- Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F: ±10 ppb ±4% of reading
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: silicon photocell
- Method: adaptation of the EPA Diazotization method 354.1
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: after two minutes of non-use
- Dimensions: 81.5mm x 61mm x 37.5mm (3.2" x 2.4" x 1.5”)
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Ordering Information: HI764 Checker® is supplied with (2) sample cuvettes with caps, nitrite ULR reagent starter kit for 6 tests (6 powder reagent packets), battery, instructions and quick start guide.
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty