Hanna Checker Nitrate LR Colorimeter HI781
The Hanna Marine Low Range Nitrate Checker® bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation. Chemical test kits have limited accuracy and resolution since they rely upon the human eye to discern differences in color. Professional instrumentation incorporates a light source such as an LED or tungsten lamp with a filter and a light sensing detector to precisely determine absorbance and ion concentration. Professional instrumentation offers greater resolution and accuracy but can cost hundreds of dollars. The Hanna Marine Nitrate Checker® uses a fixed wavelength LED and silicon photo detector to provide the accuracy of professional instrumentation at the affordable price of a chemical test kit.
Nitrate is a by-product of the Nitrogen cycle. Excessive amounts of Nitrates in a reef aquarium can promote the growth of undesirable organisms including algae and dinoflagellates while insufficient amounts can lead to starvation in which SPS and other corals will show signs including the loss of color and paleness. The HI781 Nitrate Checker HC is a handheld colorimeter that uses the Beer-Lambert principle to determine the concentration of nitrate colorimetrically. The HI781 is designed specifically to measure low levels of nitrate in a saltwater aquarium. The 0.00 to 5.00 ppm (mg/L) range is ideal for reef aquarium maintenance.
- Range: 0.0 to 5.0 ppm (as NO3-) / 0.0 to 50 ppm (calculated) using dilution
- Resolution: 0.01 ppm
- Precision: ±0.25 ppm ±2% of reading @ 77°F (25°C) / ±2.5 ppm ±5 of calculated reading using dilution
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); max 95% RH non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: After 10 minutes of non-use and after read
- Dimensions: 81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.5")
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Method: Colorimetric method
- Interferences: Nitrite, copper